Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The revenge of the Pants

At the risk of sounding pathetic and embarrassing myself, I must say, I agree with Blair Waldorf...LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS!!!! So even though the topic just made a guest appearance on GG, it really is a serious issue. When did it become okay to not wear pants?? Right around the same time that it was okay to wear belly shirts and cut holes in $170 jeans. There are few woman (or girls) who can pull off the butt look. I'm not one of them and the 14 girls I saw today were not one of them either. (Not that I'm looking at girl's butts...) The slow decline into pantlessness has been quite sneaky. First leggings came back. You know, cute in every color, wonderful for warmth, and conviently part of my catholic school girl uniform, but most importantly, worn along with a skirt, shorts, etc. Then we had the long style. Shirts and sweaters long enough to cover the derrier, occasionally worn with the oh so stylish belt or scarf. And then before the unsuspecting public could prepare themselves...NO PANTS!!!!! Not cool. Will never be cute. Is not acceptable. Kinda makes me want to vomit. Of course, I shall not make these judgements alone. Polls taken from girlfriends, boyfriends, guy friends, the occasional passer-by, the homeless guy on the corner of 5th and Craig, my bosses, the friendly man who makes the burgers in the food court... Needless to say, I have my credible sources. So all you girls out there who spend 20 bucks for a nice pair of leggings...PUT SOME PANTS ON.